Aurelio’s pizza sponsors team for throw it deep academy
July 13, 2017
Renowned Family Pizza Chain Supports Program to Mentor & Coach Football Players from Al Raby High School
July 13, 2017 (CHICAGO) – Aurelio’s Pizza, Chicago’s first and the nation’s fifth oldest pizza chain, sponsors Al Raby High School for Throw It Deep summer training program. Throw It Deep offers Chicagoland area high school students personal quarterback and wide receiver training.
“We are honored to support the team from Al Raby as well as the Throw It Deep academy’s mission to not only help players reach their highest potential in football, but to help mentor them and develop their leadership abilities on and off the field,” said Aurelio’s President, Joe Aurelio.
The program was founded by NFL Quarterback Jeff Christensen and is endorsed by the NFL, as well as college and high school coaches throughout the country. “Aurelio’s Pizza gave players from Al Raby High School an opportunity to attend training for the first time this summer,” said Head Receiver and Skill Position Coach T.K. Ehlebracht. “Not only did they come out for training, they won a 7 on 7 tournament against some of the best Chicago schools, they even beat powerhouse teams from Simeon High School and Phillips high school… twice.”
Since opening their South Loop restaurant at 1212 South Michigan over two years ago, Aurelio’s Pizza has held fast to their “community first” mission by hosting fundraising events for schools, parent teacher associations, and local sports teams. Along with supporting “Throw It Deep for the Kids,” Aurelio’s Pizza continues to give back to the communities they serve supporting organizations such as:
- Advocate’s Children’s Hospital, as a partner for more than twenty years
- Lincoln Park Zoo, where Aurelio’s Pizza is the “Official Pizza.” All pizza sales proceeds are donated to ensure that the zoo remains free for all
- Respiratory Health Association, as a sponsor of the February Hustle Up the Hancock event
- Shedd Aquarium’s Great Lakes Action Day, to pick up debris along the 12th Street Beach on Lake Michigan and has also fed the volunteers at their monthly cleanings at 12th Street beach for the last 9 years
- Pedal for Prostate, as an event sponsor for the last three years
- Homewood Cancer Support Center
- Youth activities including: Little League teams, arts and music programs, scholastic and scholarship programs
About Aurelio’s Pizza
Aurelio’s Pizza was awarded, 2016 Chicago Tribune’s “Top 25 Pizzas” for their thin crust cheese and sausage pizza.
Aurelio’s is Chicagoland’s first and the nation’s fifth established pizza chain. With a history as rich and entrenched in the community as the pizza it’s famous for, the very first Aurelio’s restaurant opened on Ridge Road in Homewood, IL as the pride and joy of Joseph A. Aurelio, Jr. who decided to give it a go as a restaurateur at the age of 26. With its legendary “old oven” dating back to 1959 in its Homewood location, Aurelio’s was a pioneer in the concept of the Family Pizzeria in the United States and helped to launch pizza into the American lexicon. Since that time, Aurelio’s has become one of Chicagoland’s claims to fame. And, transplanted Chicagoans all over the map have helped to bring their favorite pizzeria franchise to 42 locations across six states, growing a strong fan base for the taste of Aurelio’s.
Leave a Reply