Aurelio’s pizza sponsors 5th hole at celebrity golf outing hosted by former blackhawk Jeremy Roenick
July 17, 2017
Renowned Family Pizza Chain Supports Helping Hands Network on Thursday, July 20
July 17, 2017 (CHICAGO) – Aurelio’s Pizza, Chicago’s first and the nation’s fifth oldest pizza chain, sponsors the 5th hole at inaugural Helping Hands Network Celebrity Golf Outing co-chaired by former Chicago Blackhawk Jeremy Roenick on Thursday, July 20 at the Twin Orchard Country Club.
Helping Hands Network is an independent non-profit organization that was created to provide funding for programs that help young adults with special needs. Their mission is to create community awareness and raise funds in support of organizations, who believe that regardless of a person’s background or disability, they should be able to enjoy life to its fullest and to participate in the mainstream of their community.
Celebrity guests include: Former Chicago Blackhawk Bryan Bickell, former former Chicago White Sox player AJ Pierzynski, and former Chicago Bears player Dan Hampton, and more. For additional information, visit https://helpinghandstoday.org/.
“Even with 42 pizzerias around the country, Aurelio’s Pizza continues to practice the same community principles that my father, founder Joe A. Aurelio, instilled when he had a storefront location with only four booths in Homewood, Illinois 57 years ago,” said Aurelio’s President, Joe Aurelio. “When you give back to your community, it will always give back to you.”
Along with supporting the Helping Hands Network, Aurelio’s Pizza continues to give back to the communities they serve supporting organizations such as:
- Team from Al Raby High School for the Throw It Deep Football Academy
- Advocate’s Children’s Hospital, as a partner for more than twenty years
- Lincoln Park Zoo, where Aurelio’s Pizza is the “Official Pizza.” All pizza sales proceeds are donated to ensure that the zoo remains free for all
- Respiratory Health Association, as a sponsor of the February Hustle Up the Hancock event
- Shedd Aquarium’s Great Lakes Action Day, to pick up debris along the 12th Street Beach on Lake Michigan and has also fed the volunteers at their monthly cleanings at 12th Street beach for the last 9 years
- Pedal for Prostate, as an event sponsor for the last three years
- Homewood Cancer Support Center
- Youth activities including: Little League teams, arts and music programs, scholastic and scholarship programs
About Aurelio’s Pizza
Aurelio’s Pizza was awarded, 2016 Chicago Tribune’s “Top 25 Pizzas” for their thin crust cheese and sausage pizza.
Aurelio’s is Chicagoland’s first and the nation’s fifth established pizza chain. With a history as rich and entrenched in the community as the pizza it’s famous for, the very first Aurelio’s restaurant opened on Ridge Road in Homewood, IL as the pride and joy of Joseph A. Aurelio, Jr. who decided to give it a go as a restaurateur at the age of 26. With its legendary “old oven” dating back to 1959 in its Homewood location, Aurelio’s was a pioneer in the concept of the Family Pizzeria in the United States and helped to launch pizza into the American lexicon. Since that time, Aurelio’s has become one of Chicagoland’s claims to fame. And, transplanted Chicagoans all over the map have helped to bring their favorite pizzeria franchise to 42 locations across six states, growing a strong fan base for the taste of Aurelio’s.
Leave a Reply