Aurelio’s pizza® of geneva hosts camp out from cancer fundraiser
July 26, 2017
Renowned Family Pizza Chain Supports Charity Providing Care Packages for Kids Fighting Cancer in U.S. on Wednesday, August 16, 2017
July 26, 2017 (CHICAGO) – Aurelio’s Pizza® of Geneva hosts day long fundraiser on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 in which 15 percent of all sales from dine in, carry out, or delivery will go to Camp Out From Cancer when guests mention the organization. The non profit provides care packages that feature: an indoor pop up tent, a snack, glow bracelets, a flashlight, two books, and a re-useable backpack for children fighting cancer in the United States.
The event will be held at Aurelio’s Pizza® of Geneva located at 330 W. State Street in Geneva from 11 AM to 9 PM. There will also be live music on the patio featuring Michael Heaton, and Revolution Brewery will host games for prizes along with a free glass with purchase.
“Even with 42 pizzerias around the country, Aurelio’s Pizza® continues to practice the same community principles that my father, founder Joe A. Aurelio, instilled when he had a storefront location with only four booths in Homewood, Illinois 57 years ago,” said Aurelio’s® President, Joe Aurelio. “When you give back to your community, it will always give back to you.”
Along with supporting the Camp Out From Cancer, Aurelio’s Pizza® continues to give back to the communities they serve by supporting organizations such as:
- Team from Al Raby High School for the Throw It Deep Football Academy
- Advocate’s Children’s Hospital, as a partner for more than twenty years
- Lincoln Park Zoo, where Aurelio’s Pizza® is the “Official Pizza.” All pizza sales proceeds are donated to ensure that the zoo remains free for all
- Respiratory Health Association, as a sponsor of the February Hustle Up the Hancock event
- Shedd Aquarium’s Great Lakes Action Day, to pick up debris along the 12th Street Beach on Lake Michigan and has also fed the volunteers at their monthly cleanings at 12th Street beach for the last 9 years
- Pedal for Prostate, as an event sponsor for the last three years
- Homewood Cancer Support Center
- Youth activities including: Little League teams, arts and music programs, scholastic and scholarship programs
About Aurelio’s Pizza®
Aurelio’s Pizza® was awarded, 2016 Chicago Tribune’s “Top 25 Pizzas” for their thin crust cheese and sausage pizza.
Aurelio’s® is Chicagoland’s first and the nation’s fifth established pizza chain. With a history as rich and entrenched in the community as the pizza it’s famous for, the very first Aurelio’s® restaurant opened on Ridge Road in Homewood, IL as the pride and joy of Joseph A. Aurelio, Jr. who decided to give it a go as a restaurateur at the age of 26. With its legendary “old oven” dating back to 1959 in its Homewood location, Aurelio’s® was a pioneer in the concept of the Family Pizzeria in the United States and helped to launch pizza into the American lexicon. Since that time, Aurelio’s® has become one of Chicagoland’s claims to fame. And, transplanted Chicagoans all over the map have helped to bring their favorite pizzeria franchise to 42 locations across six states, growing a strong fan base for the taste of Aurelio’s®.
Leave a Reply