Summary of Position:
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time that they will want to return again and again.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to your shift on time, in a clean and presentable uniform, ready to work, and clock in.
- Completes opening/closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
- Applies knowledge of full menu including the pizza numbering system, and other restaurant information such as hours of business, types of payment and other restaurant policies.
- Personally greet and welcome all your guests by introducing yourself to them, letting them know that you will be personally take care of them.
- Make all our guests feel comfortable.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, repeat the order to insure clarity, enter order accurately in the POS system which relays order to the kitchen and/or bar.
- Communicate as needed with the kitchen team in a professional manner regarding any questions/concerns with a customer orders.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely manner.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignments.
- Maintain clean and sanitized service areas.
- Properly perform the required balancing and closing procedures for the POS system as directed by your manager.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist bus person with clearing and resetting tables.
- Able to lead and direct the work of others within the department.
- Communicates customer, order, and/or employee difficulties to management.
- Communicates any health and/or safety concerns or violations immediately to management.
- Communicates to management of shortage of particular stock.
- Conforms to restaurant policies and procedures at all times.
- Aurelio’s Pizza Copyright 2015
- Franchise Operations Manual Aurelio’s Is Pizza Franchise LTD.
- Must be capable of going outside the general responsibilities of the department to insure the proper customer service for our customers.
- Attend all scheduled/mandatory meetings and/or training sessions as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess the required State BASSET and Food Handler’s certification.
- Must be a honest, dependable and a reliable individual with high level of integrity, who possess a clear understanding of team work with a high level of energy and sense of urgency.
- Must have the highest level of customer service skills, while able to multi-task, while being adaptable to the changing restaurant environment.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time, as well as maneuver throughout the entire restaurant easily (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 25 pounds