Summary of Position:
Taking of phone-orders, responsible handling of customer’s pick-up of orders, and recording of all sales transactions in the POS system while providing general customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to your shift on time, in a clean and presentable uniform, ready to work, and clock in.
- Completes opening/closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the carry-out area and entrance way.
- Applies knowledge of full menu including the pizza numbering system, and other restaurant information such as hours of business, types of payment and other restaurant policies.
- Answer telephone in a professional manor, taking accurate orders, and/or direct telephone calls to the appropriate persons.
- Accurately input orders into the POS system so the order is transmitted to the appropriate station in the kitchen.
- Communicate as needed with the kitchen team in a professional manner regarding any questions/concerns with a customer orders.
- Receives cash and credit card transactions in accordance with restaurant procedures.
- Provides customer with appropriate receipt for each transaction.
- Provide and initiates assistance for customers as needed.
- Properly perform the required balancing and closing procedures for the POS system as directed by your manager.
- Thank customer and invite them to return before hanging up the phone or completing the pick-up transaction.
- Maintain required levels of all stock in the work area.
- Able to lead and direct the work of others within the department.
- Communicates customer, order, and/or employee difficulties to management.
- Communicates any health and/or safety concerns or violations immediately to management.
- Communicates to management of shortage of particular stock.
- Conforms to restaurant policies and procedures at all times.
- Must be capable of going outside the general responsibilities of the department to insure the proper customer service for our customers.
- Attend all scheduled/mandatory meetings and/or training sessions as needed.
- Previous restaurant experience is not required.
- Must be a honest, dependable and a reliable individual with high level of integrity, who possess a clear understanding of team work with a high level of energy and sense of urgency.
- Must have the highest level of customer service skills, while able to multi-task, while being adaptable to the changing restaurant environment.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess the State required Food Handler’s Certification.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time, as well as maneuver throughout the entire restaurant easily. (Up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver items frequently weighing up to 25 pounds