Summary of Position:
To prepare steam/salad and related orders for the restaurant and to assure the smooth operation of the steam/salad station of the kitchen by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to your shift on time, in a clean and presentable uniform, ready to work, and clock in.
- Completes opening and/or closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
- Applies knowledge of full menu ncluding the pizza numbering system, and other restaurant information such as hours of business, types of payment and other restaurant policies.
- Answer telephone as needed in a professional manner, and able to answer any customer inquiries with regard to the restaurant, and/or place the caller on hold.
- Knowledge of steam table, fryers, electric oven, slicers, can openers, knives and other preparatory utensils. (as applicable)
- Perform any and all prep-work as needed such as heating/preparing of sauces, soups, and other food products for placement on the steam table.
- Perform any and all prep-work as needed such as slicing, chopping and shredding of meats, cheeses, vegetables and other food products.
- Insure that the steam/salad table(s) is/are fully stock with fresh items for the start of the shift.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and sanitized manner in compliance with state health and safety regulations.
Maintains and stock of the steam/salad station, freezers, refrigerators and store room with food products daily.
- Prepare all steam/salad station orders prior to and during meal time periods according to individual guest orders, and the Aurelio’s portion and quality control standards of the menu.
- Communicate as needed with servers in a professional manner regarding any questions/concerns with a customer orders.
- Examines, uncrates and stores incoming food supplies in storage and refrigeration areas appropriately.
- Ensures leftover/unused food products are stores/restocked or disposed of properly.
- Ensures steam/salad station’s appliances and equipment have been cleaned (and turned off at the end of each work day) at the end of your shift.
- Able to lead and direct the work of other within the department.
- Communicates customer, order, and/or employee difficulties to management.
- Communicates any health and/or safety concerns or violations immediately to management.
- Communicates to management of shortage of particular stock.
- Conforms to restaurant policies and procedures at all times.
- Must be capable of going outside the general responsibilities of the department to insure the proper customer service for our customers.
- Attend all scheduled/mandatory meetings and/or training sessions as needed.
- Previous restaurant experience required.
- Must be a honest, dependable and a reliable individual with high level of integrity, who possess a clear understanding of team work with a high level of energy and sense of urgency.
- Must have the highest level of customer service skills, while able to multi-task, while being adaptable to the changing restaurant environment.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain valid required State Food Handler’s certification.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time, as well as maneuver throughout the entire restaurant easily (up to 5 hours) in hot conditions.
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 100 pounds